Warehouse Selectors are responsible for the safe, accurate and efficient selection of damage free product. You will help fill our stores' orders, meet delivery schedules, and promote customer satisfaction.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Electric pallet jack experience a plus
- Education Desired: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Must have the ability to count.
- Accurately select product by matching slot numbers and product descriptions using a voice-activated warehouse management system.
- Lift and carry cases of up to 100 lbs. from pick slots and place them onto pallets; cases must be lifted from floor level, shoulder level and overhead.
- Meet and maintain established productivity standards.
- Construct sturdy, balanced pallet loads from various sizes and weights of cases for damage-free shipping.
- Shrink-wrap and stage completed pallets of selected product in proper shipping lanes for loading.
- Communicate with supervisors regarding safety, equipment, damaged goods, and any problems or issues that may arise.
- Have flexibility in scheduling and availability to work the times, shifts, days, and overtime as necessary to meet the company's production needs.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules, including safe operation of equipment and helping to maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Appropriately follow food safety procedures.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties in the warehouse as needed and assigned.
Starting Rate of Pay
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.