Due to continuing growth, we are recruiting for a Vehicle Technician to join Listers Volvo Dealership in Bromyard. The hours of work are Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:00 as well as 1 in 2 Saturdays 08:30 - 12:30.
Our packages and pay plans are industry-leading and are reflective of each applicant's experience and skillset.
We offer an excellent basic salary, with OTE up to £40,000plus benefits. Our well-equipped and modern facilities provide a professional environment for our staff whilst delivering a seamless service to our customers. You will receive ongoing development and training to reach your full potential as a Qualified Volvo Service Technician or Master Technician.
For more information or an informal chat, you can call or to speak to a member of the recruitment team or just click apply.
Role and Responsibilities
- Our technicians are responsible for the servicing, repair and diagnostics of all vehicles in the workshop, ensuring that all work is carried out to the highest standard first time
- The main responsibilities would include electrical and mechanical repairs, including suspension, steering, brakes, wheel bearings, driveshafts, exhausts, batteries and air conditioning servicing.
- Additional responsibilities may include repairs and maintenance on EV and Hybrid vehicles.
- You will have the ability to fit manufacturer accessories and audio equipment
- You will have a full understanding of Customer Satisfaction and its impact on the business.
- You will be trained and able to operate additional systems, such as video reporting i.e CitNOW.
- You also will be able to complete all service paperwork to manufacturer and brand standards.
- Working closely with other members of the workshop team to constantly learn and share knowledge
- We consider candidates from all backgrounds who have experience working in the Automotive sector as a Vehicle Technician, Mechanic, HGV Mechanic, HGV Technician, Motor Mechanic, Motor Vehicle Technician, Car Mechanic, HGV Fitter, Auto Electrician, MOT Tester or Apprentice Vehicle Technician to join Listers
- Whether you work at an independent garage, fast fit centre, car supermarket or main dealer, we would be interested in talking to you
- You will hold or be working towards the final year of your Level 3 qualification in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- An Electric and Hybrid vehicle qualification or certification would be beneficial but not essential.
- MOT License would also be beneficial but not essential
- Full UK Driving licence
- As long as you can demonstrate good mechanical and electrical knowledge and an ability to ensure all work is carried out to a high standard, we have the training and facilities to help you make the next big step in your career
What we offer
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Group life insurance
- Staff discount on car servicing
- Listers Benefits - discounts on retailers, restaurants, cinemas & holidays
- Long service and loyalty incentives
- Staff referral scheme
- In-house, manufacturer & professional qualifications
Founded in 1979, Listers Group stands as one of the largest privately and family-owned motor retailer groups in the UK. There's a reason why this is the case, there are over two and a half thousand reasons, our team. Since the very beginning, our success has been a product of the fantastic people that work for us. This is recognised by representing some of the world's most prestigious car brands across the Midlands, Lincolnshire, Gloucestershire, Norfolk and Yorkshire. We support employees in all areas of the business, whatever your aspirations might be, so if you are looking for a career within the motor trade, automotive or car dealership sector, then please apply today. If you are looking for similar motor trade jobs, you can also join our Talent Bank.