UPMC Central PA is seeking a board certified/board eligible Thoracic Surgery physician to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate should have skills and experience in surgery for both malignant and benign thoracic processes, including the full spectrum of pulmonary, esophageal, mediastinal and chest wall disease. In addition, they should have experience in minimally invasive thoracic surgery (VATS) and/or robotic expertise. Should be able to provide surgical case log indicating active current experience. Must have an MD or equivalent with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license.
- Professional growth coupled with work/life balance
- Strong referral base including Pulmonary, Oncology, and Gastroenterology
- Thoracic surgery led lung cancer screening and pulmonary nodule management programs
- Access to state-of-the-art technology such as Da Vinci Xi surgical robot, Ion Robotic and SuperD Navigation Bronchoscopy, Hybrid operating room with cone beam CT, and Endobronchial suite
- Opportunity to teach residents, medical students and advanced practice providers
- Practice located in a new, modern and aesthetically pleasing suite
- System-wide EPIC EMR
- Call 1:3
- Team oriented environment with ability to work and interact with residents, fellow physicians and administration, as well as provide high-quality, compassionate care to patients
What we Offer
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Potential for sign-on bonus
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- UPMC Cash Balance Plan
- Professional Dues
- CME time
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Assistance
- Relocation Allowance
About the Community
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment.
- Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey's Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities.
- Area school districts consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania.
- With affordable homes a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 101.2 in Philadelphia it's a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among America's Most Livable Cities, and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's Best Cities to Live in 2017, we are a two- to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
About UPMC Central PA and UPMC
- UPMC in Central Pa. is a nationally recognized leader in providing high quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities.
- As part of the UPMC not-for-profit system, UPMC in Central Pa. cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services.
- UPMC in Central Pa. includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,160 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo,
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life because we believe that you re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.