Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.Division Overview
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
The Technical Application Engineer (TAE) is the primary technical resource for the team of Sales Directors tasked with selling Hubbell/Aclara's Utility Solutions. Technical Application Engineers are responsible for working in conjunction with the Sales team as the key technical advisors and product advocates for Hubbell/Aclara's Utility Solutions. The TAE should be able to articulate market and product positioning to both business and technical users, representing the technical aspects of how the Aclara portfolio solves specific utility problems. The TAE collaborates with Inside and Outside Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering, and Technical Support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key technical decision-makers within Aclara.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Sales Directors to scope technical solutions to address utility requirements and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Aclara
- Responsible for development and delivery of demonstrations of hardware and software solutions
- Understands utility systems and software and articulates how Hubbell/Aclara solutions interface and provide value to the utility
- Responsible for representing the solutions to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, trade shows, short-list meetings, etc.
- Reviews and responds to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Conveys customer requirements to Product Management hardware and software teams
- Provides technical sales support to distributors and manufacturer representatives
- Provides coaching and professional development to Inside and Outside Salespeople in order to improve their product knowledge, utility savvy, and technical sales skills
- Provides pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales support services
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably in technology-related field
- Minimum 10 years' experience working within the utility industry
- Ability to articulate solutions and provide compelling software product demonstrations
- Must be motivated, goal-oriented, and persistent
- Sophisticated knowledge of Metering, AMI, Demand Response, SCADA, Distribution Engineering and Automation, and utility back-office systems
- Effectively communicate independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to work independently without daily supervision
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Master's or higher level degree in Business or equivalent area of study
- 5 years' experience working specifically with Aclara solutions within the assigned utility vertical
- Ability to travel up to 50% via air or land
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.