Specialty Foods Leads provide leadership, motivation and expertise for all areas of non-perishable specialty foods, including grocery, dairy, frozen, Nature's Basket, Kosher and World Wide Foods. The Specialty Foods Lead is responsible for overseeing the Deli Distributor in ordering, stocking and managing products as well as implementing creative merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business while meeting customer requirements and maximizing profits.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: Food service or food training experience
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Always conduct business with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for our Company. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for
Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Oversee the ordering of products to ensure appropriate in-stock conditions & inventory control.
- Manage and implement all product tags including weekly tags, new items, discontinued items, special promotions, etc.
- Work closely with Customer Service Co-Manager and Food Professional to develop Team Member and
customer educational programs that will be honest, engaging, epicurean, current and authentic. (Demonstrations, sampling, etc.)
- Develop creative merchandising programs and in-store promotional programs that maximize product
awareness and provide an outstanding experience that delights our customers resulting in sales and profit.
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with other departments in order to develop marketing
plans which help to meet the financial objectives of the store.
- Analyze the Customer Satisfaction Index and Team Member Point of View Survey to identify areas needing improvement and develop processes and/or procedures to address those issues.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation of activities is available.
- Promote the continuous development of Team Members and identify candidates for the Team Leader Development Program.
- Understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and to perform duties as required.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.