Software Integration Engineer (Automotive)
Work Location: Plymouth, Michigan, United States
Workplace type: Onsite
Company Industry: Automotive
We're ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we've been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of more than 400 people works across industries including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world's most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
- Responsible for vehicle testing / system integration / application / validation / requirements engineering for Perception/Localization/Planning and Motion Control sub-systems
- Responsible for ADAS sensor (Radar/Video/Ultrasonic and LiDAR) integration, debugging / troubleshooting using automotive development tools such as CANalyzer, CANape, Flexray and Matlab.
- Responsible for bench setup + test (HIL/SIL) and vehicle instrumentation + testing (public road and test track)
- In-vehicle and simulation/bench performance calibration of sensor based algorithms to meet both objective and subjective customer and Client performance specifications.
- Responsible for evaluating customer specifications and translating them to system requirements
- Define and document test cases / test strategy, analyze and document test data / results
- Recommend software / logic changes for performance issues that cannot be solved via parameter tuning
- Ensure system development, validation and delivery according to guidelines and processes in place
- Support test drives with customer
- First point of contact for OEM for application topics, prepare technical presentations for customer
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or foreign equivalent.
- 1-3 years of academic or professional experience in software programming
- 1 or more years' experience with vehicle and system test and release procedures in an automotive function.
- 1 or more years' experience in systems / requirements engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc.
- Knowledge of driver assistance sensor technologies and functions, high interest to work on exciting new driver assistance technologies
- Good understanding of vehicle communication protocols
- Enjoys troubleshooting in the vehicle or bench
- Working know-how of C++ and Python
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment, innovative thinking.
- Hands on experience with Agile development methods (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Capable to work independently in an organized and structured fashion with strong analytical skills that supports a systematic approach to problem resolution and strong communication skills to discuss issues/challenges with global development teams and external customers.
- Good written / verbal communication and presentation skills to discuss issues / solutions with team and external customer
- Flexible, willing to travel (4-6 weeks / year) and participate in test drives (international travel possible)
- Good English skills verbal / written (additional languages encouraged)
- Comfortable with test activities in vehicles