CAPE Environmental Management Inc (CAPE) is seeking a Senior Engineer with at least 8 years of environmental remediation and consulting experience to apply their skills as part of multi-disciplinary teams to various projects related to site investigation, remediation design, and remedial action construction in the Pacific. This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer with management experience to lead a team of mid and entry-level professionals and gain valuable work experience on high-profile environmental projects that truly make an impact.
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position will provide remediation and construction project support to project managers and senior-level technical staff. Job responsibilities will include:
- Designing, overseeing, and drawing conclusions from remedial investigation projects involving soil, groundwater, surface water, soil gas, indoor air, and/or sediment. Providing support in areas of technical expertise including but not limited to evaluating remedial alternatives, engineering design, evaluations and assessments, remedial action plans, completion reports, proposals, process optimization and technical program development
- Serving as the technical lead for in-situ remedial projects using bioremediation, chemical oxidation, chemical reduction, air sparging, soil blending, thermal destruction, etc., and ex-situ remedial projects using groundwater extraction/treatment, soil vapor extraction, excavation, etc.
- Develop field, analytical, and project management skills in technical staff, including junior and mid level engineers and scientists, CADD technicians, field technicians and technical writers
- Develop and mentor assigned junior staff and support colleagues at same level towards professional development
This position will report to CAPE's Honolulu office. With increased experience, periodic teleworking may be allowed. Applicants not currently located in Hawaii should provide an explanation of their intent to relocate in a cover letter. Candidates must be able to perform and oversee construction/remediation site activities, sampling, construction/remediation support services, demolition, and operations and maintenance. Candidates must successfully pass standard CAPE pre-employment physical, drug, and background screens.
$95,000-$115,000 annually, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
10% of annual salary paid in two installments (50% after 30 days of employment and 50% after 6 months of employment).
Most project locations will be within driving distance of Honolulu, with opportunities for travel to Guam, other Pacific islands, and the west coast of mainland US. Applicants should describe their desire to travel (distance and duration) in a cover letter.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, or other related engineering field
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Minimum 8 years environmental remediation experience
- Experience supervising junior/mid-level staff
- Proficient in MS Office suite, including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to understand and carefully follow both written and oral guidance/instructions
- Resourceful and self-motivated
- Abe to handle multiple assignments on timely basis to meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently with exceptional attention to detail.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training certification and current 8-hour refreshers
- 8-hour HAZWOPER Supervisor training
- Master's degree in Engineering
- CAD, GIS, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with the Navy
- Experience with GPS data collection and processing
- OSHA 30-hour Construction
- EM385-1-1 training
- Navy or USACE CQM training
For 30 years, CAPE has delivered construction and environmental remediation solutions to governmental and private organizations nationwide. Our projects are high-profile environmental remediation projects involving cleanup of contaminated soil, groundwater, and sediment. The culture of our company is one of working together to achieve our company and professional goals and is succinctly and accurately defined as We, Not Me behavior. To ensure long-term, sustainable growth, we tailor our 3-year vision to be ahead of our industry in delivering our projects, align with our clients and team partners to improve our existing market share and develop new services to support smart growth.
CAPE offers competitive benefits including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, life insurance, Vanguard retirement savings plan including both traditional and Roth 401(k) with up to 4% match and lowest in class fees, health savings account (HSA) with investment option, flexible spending account (FSA), paid annual leave, paid maternity/paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement.
CAPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply to our open positions.