Union: UNIFOR Service
Location: Freeport Campus
Work Type: Part Time
Shift: 12 hour shifts
Offering person-centred care, guided by recovery principles, the Registered Practical Nurse promotes healing and instills hope while demonstrating the values of the Mental Health and Addictions Program. The RPN provides psychiatric and mental health nursing care working within a team with individuals experiencing psychiatric and mental health problems. The patient population includes the severely mentally ill and those who are experiencing a psychosocial crisis. Nursing care is provided in accordance with the Canadian Standards of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing (CNA). This rotating position requires that the RPN contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Registered Practical Nurse with certificate of competence with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Post diploma in Psychiatric Nursing preferred
- Three years experience in psychiatric nursing preferred
- Experience in working collaboratively in multidisciplinary setting
- Heart Saver and de-escalation certificates (current)
- Recognized medication course
- Knowledge of mental illness, suicidal behaviours and current mental health practices and treatment modalities
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Using preset standards and protocols within their RPN scope of practice, provides assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of individuals with psychiatric/mental health disorders
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Health Care Consent Act and Substitute Decisions Act
- Excellent patient teaching skills
- Application of Family Systems Nursing in the provision of direct patient family care
- Good attendance record
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Grand River Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.