Union: UNIFOR Service
Location: KW Campus
Work Type: Unscheduled Part Time
Shift: 2D2N - Days, Evenings, Weekends
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) will facilitate and provide care to a variety of surgical patients during the patient's stay. The RPN will function within the Job Description of a Registered Practical Nurse and the College of Nurses Standards of Nursing Practice for Registered Practical Nurses. Contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors
- Current Registration Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Collaboration and communication skills with patients and health professionals
- Ability to function effectively in clinical areas with rapid pace and high turnover
- Ability to adapt to various clinical settings and provide appropriate nursing care to patients whose acuity and degree of illness vary
- Preference will be given to a Registered Practical Nurse who has successfully completed Registered Practical Nurse Enhanced Skills Upgrade (e.g. Medication Administration, Clip and Suture Removal, Catheterization, etc.)
- Surgical experience preferred
- Flexibility, reliability and dependability
- Good attendance record
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Grand River Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.