Full-time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner needed at a top facility in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Join a private, inpatient chemical dependency treatment facility that is growing and looking to hire.
Currently seeking a NP with the X License/ Data 2000 Waiver - must be about to able to prescribe buprenorphine (suboxone) to assist with the withdrawal effects.
- Performs comprehensive history and physical examinations, and compiles patient medical data, including behavioral health history and results of physical examination
- Evaluates and manages detox regimes for patients in our care including writing orders and follow-up treatment as indicated
- Evaluates and treats patients in our care as needed for medical issues including patient education
- Makes referrals to outside care/ facilities or orders diagnostic/laboratory tests as needed and collects, interprets and documents test results for patients readmitted back into our care
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, routine exams, suture removal, and wound care, and managing infection
- Participates in treatment teams and develops and implements patient treatment and aftercare plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, emotional problems of daily living, health maintenance, and addiction treatment. Preparation and education of patients and family members for discharge medications and instructions. Preparation of discharge summaries, prescriptions and follow up tests and appointments
- Individual case assignments, case conferences, treatment team meetings, crisis intervention, educational presentations for staff and patients, and additional duties assigned by the medical director
NYS Nurse Practitioner license
Active Medicaid number (highly preferred), knowledge and experience of detoxification, alcoholism and chemical addiction and/or mental health experience; ACLS certification; demonstrated ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality; ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment and manage time accordingly in order to meet deadlines and requirements of the organization; and excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
Offering competitive wages, benefits, and a 401k plan in a supportive working environment!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: