Project Finance Business Partner: £60,000 - £71,000 + benefits Milton Keynes
For a nationwide company working on one of the biggest infrastructure projects in Europe, we are recruiting a Project Finance Business Partner for the Main Works Civils Team in Phase 2. This role will provide assurance and challenge to Joint Ventures and the Area Delivery Managers in terms of their project plan, value for money and corporate governance.
- Lead business planning and forecast processes, providing assurance to JV and Directors that data around cost management is robust
- Liaise with Construction Supply Chain Finance, Project Managers, JVs, Commercial Managers, Planning and Cost Managers and Project Engineers
- Oversee month-end financial accounts close and prepare accounts and plan for year-end audit. Review and assure Programme Board Packs
- Review and challenge forecasts and monitor against Spending Review
- Work with Contractor's Finance leads and Commercial team internally to improve costs and cash flow data.
- Provide Workforce Actual costs and forecast information to inform programme cost estimates
- Challenge budget holders to achieve workforce objectives and optimise resources
- Develop capacity of accounting function to ensure robust resources meet statutory obligations and provide trusted centre of financial excellence to advise stakeholders
- Develop, implement, and monitor financial policies, operational procedures, and performance measures to assure integrity of financial data and financial information which complies with IFRS
- CCAB qualified with experience in a complex Project environment, ideally from the construction or transport sector
- Ability to interpret project information and determine IFRS treatment
- Experience in business planning, forecasting, business partnering and corporate finance
- Knowledge of Oracle accounting systems or other similar ERP systems
- Experience in working with Corporate Directors, budget holders, Business Managers, and wider Finance teams
- Ability to use Excel to analyse large and complex data sets and provide useful management information
- Experience in providing financial information to inform project decisions and cost, schedule, and quality consequences
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.