As a Home Health Physical Therapist, you will:
- Plan and administer prescribed skilled physical therapy treatment and training for patients suffering from various injuries, illnesses and functional disabilities to attain highest level of physical function.
- Test/screen the patient's physical strengths to assist the physician in evaluating the patient's level of function and records findings to develop or pursue treatment programs and establish measurable training objectives.
- Develop/implement a conditioning/rehabilitation program consistent with physician's Plan of Treatment and the overall goals of the patient/rehab team. Adjust treatment as needed to achieve maximum results.
- Confer with physician and clinical team members to obtain additional patient information and assist in developing, implementing and revising the therapy treatment program and Plan of Treatment.
- Provide Physical Therapy Assistants and Home Health Aide staff with written instructions/care plan that reflects current plan of care as related to therapy, supervise/evaluate staffs' performance. Monitor the appropriate completion of documentation by physical therapy assistants and home health aides/personal care workers as part of the supervisory/leadership responsibility.
- Accurately, promptly and thoroughly document patients' care observations, interventions and evaluations. Assure that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician and physical therapist are promptly and accurately documented, submitted for physician signature and implemented
- Report patient's progress to the patient's physician, Clinical Manager, staff, patient and family. Submit evaluation, treatment plans, progress reports and discharge summary to the supervisor and care management staff.
- Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program (approved by the APTA)
- Minimum of one year physical therapy experience preferred
- Current and unrestricted Physical Therapy license
- Current CPR certification
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination