USS, one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK is looking for a Pensions Administrator. You will be joining a busy but friendly team based in the Royal Liver Building in Liverpool.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
Main purpose of the role
Responsible for a specified range of administrative functions under supervision and direction.
- Carry out automated and manual processes and calculations.
- Check and authorise other team members work as required.
- Communicate with institutions, scheme members and third parties as applicable regarding routine queries arising from duties.
- Meet team specific duties and carry out ad-hoc duties as directed by Team Manager or Assistant Team Manager.
- Actively manage own workload to ensure that statutory, departmental and team targets are met.
- Keep up to date with relevant pension s topics, legislation and scheme developments to support ongoing personal development.
- Contribute to team meetings.
- Provide support and coaching to new starters in the team as part of the 'buddysystem .
- Build and maintain relations with institution contacts, USS colleagues and regular third party contacts.
Managing Processes and Future Focus
- Contribute to projects, continuous improvement initiatives and other non-processing events as directed by Team Manager.
Full training will be provided, you may not have experience as long as you can demonstrate the following attributes;
- Highly motivated with excellent organisational/planning skills,
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Good attention to detail and able to work to deadlines
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Interpersonal skills
- Numerical skills
- Good understanding of the team s processes, practices, objectives and targets (including department and statutory deadlines)
To be considered for this role based in Liverpool please get in touch. Full detailed job description available.
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We recognise the diverse lifestyles and priorities of our employees and have reflected this in in the company s Flexible Working Framework, which, wherever possible, supports employees to find a balance that works for them whilst ensuring we always put our members interests first.