Our Telecommunications Company is a full-service communications general contractor with a steadfast commitment to doing what's right for the project and our customers. We are currently looking to add to our team and are searching for a qualified
Outside Plant Inspector (Construction) for our sites in the Peoria, Dekalb, Monmouth and Bloomington, Illinois areas.
Inspectors are responsible for inspecting systems, job sites and materials to ensure the work meets quality standards, codes, and design. Responsible for timely reporting and tracking of potential problems.
- Includes but not limited HDD operations, excavation, aerial strand/fiber construction, underground/duct operations and splicing operations
- Report daily production to project managers
- Identify issues that need to be addressed prior to final inspection
- Perform final walk throughs of work with appropriate parties, external and internal
- Validate as built/redline information provided by field construction to ensure accuracy
This is a full-time position with a benefit package that includes:
- 15 Paid Days Off
- Paid Holidays
- Matching 401K
The ideal candidate for Inspector will have a minimum of a HS Diploma.
Education: HS diploma or equivalent
Experience: a minimum of 5 years' experience in construction related to OSP Telecommunications Construction.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Previous OSP construction experience, prefer inspection experience and/or previous FTTH experience
- Prefer min 5 years experience
- Posses understanding of fiber splicing operations and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to learn new customer drive software and technologies
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work outdoors year round
- Valid driver's license
- Travel is required for this position across specific market areas
- Ability to pass background and drug screen