Due to expansion an exciting new position is available for an Ocean Import Specialist with this well established large forwarding agent based at Heathrow. Excellent working conditions based in a brand new purpose built spacious office with good views. Good future career prospects are available.
The Ocean Import Specialist is responsible for handling and processing ocean import shipments for customers, ensuring the highest quality standards and providing service solutions meeting or exceeding customer s requirements and company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and best practices.
Any level of inbound ocean freight experience will be considered and the salary will reflect this.
- Receive and track customer bookings/orders. Send shipping instructions overseas according to customer instructions or established SOP s.
- Notify customer of arrival and charges. This must apply to any delay notices and Customs/Exam holds.
- Process Customs Entries, i.e. classify invoice, file RLF entries, and enter electronic invoices.
- Own the process for FDA related entries.
- Review and prepare documentation with accuracy on every detail and aspect, not limited to but including Customs classification, I.T. number, commercial invoices, details, etc.
- Transmit information to ABI, verify results and make corrections if necessary, monitoring the release of customs and also any OGA as may apply (USDA, FCC, DOT etc.).
- Check Customs release details and ensure any discrepancies are handled properly.
- Transmit payment of Customs duties as needed.
- Manage exceptions with involved parties and customer.
- Ensure that file contains all necessary document copies in proper sequence.
- Coordination of entry and break bulk shipments.
- Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations.
- Monitor closely any shipments moving on an I.T. and provide release, payment and delivery instructions within the allotted free time.
- Collect any COD monies owed before arranging delivery to the customer.
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions.
- Provide accurate job costing forecast - Ensure all payables, receivables and accruals are set and properly managed per company rules and guidelines.
- Work with vendors and overseas offices to dispute any incorrect payables at the earliest opportunity to maintain accurate accounting.
- Bill/Invoice each file to the respective customers paying close attention to payment terms for the responsible party.
- Assure that Original Bill of Lading requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Dispatch freight for delivery, maintaining communication with trucker throughout delivery.
- Confirm POD for each shipment and updating our system with POD information.
- Update Track and Trace proprietary applications.
- Assist Sales, Department Manager and Colleagues in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
- Assure that file contains all necessary documents as set by company standards and filed promptly in appropriate location.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Detail oriented, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Knowledge of US customs laws, practices and procedures
- Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 3 years experience in imports or combination of education and expertise required
- Experience and knowledge regarding import entry procedures, compliance, rules and regulations preferred
- Knowledge of First Port of Arrival (FPOA) entry processes is preferred
- FDA experience preferred
- Knowledge of Importer Security Filing (ISF) preferred
- Good working knowledge of OGA transactions preferred
20 days holiday
Brand new spacious working conditions