Radar is the leading geofencing platform, powering use cases like curbside pickup, delivery, and location-aware app experiences for brands like Panera Bread, American Eagle Outfitters, T-Mobile, and Afterpay.
We recently raised a $55M Series C led by Insight Partners and Accel to build location infrastructure for every product and service. Our team is growing quickly and has backgrounds from companies like Google Maps, GitHub, Foursquare, and Facebook. We are remote-friendly and based in NYC.
About the role
We're looking for Mobile Engineers to build open source mobile infrastructure. Over the past year, the Radar SDK has been installed on over 100M devices worldwide so you'll be working with real scale. Our SDKs are open source, and interface with OS location services to expose new primitives to make location data simple, reliable and battery efficient.
You'll also work on the Radar Toolkit, a developer tool that is live in the Play Store and App Store. Likewise, you'll work closely with our Product Engineers to build end-to-end experiences that empower developers to build location into their applications. Think "Crashalytics for location".
This mode of work would be ideal for an engineer that's interested in acquiring new skills and is a deeply curious person when it comes to OS internals. If you like learning new mobile frameworks like React Native or Flutter, this is an ideal role for you. You'll face exciting scaling challenges, working in a small team with lots of impact.
You will report to our Engineering Manager.
What you'll do:
- Work on open source Radar mobile infrastructure on iOS and Android, as well as wrapper SDKs written in React Native, Flutter, Cordova, and Capacitor.
- Have your work run on millions devices.
- Build out new experiences for the Radar Toolkit (App Store, Play Store)
- "Walk a mile": One of our company values that emphasizes continual "dogfooding" of our SDK. Become a world-class expert in location technology through testing, logging and tenacity to understand how location works on iOS and Android.
- Work on the build and release pipeline of the SDKs
- Learn how FusedLocationProvider and CLLocationManager work, and how to get the most out of them in the face of Doze mode, Background Execution Limits, App Standby Buckets, Android device fragmentation, and Core Vitals, using GeofencingClient, Region monitoring, Foreground Services, Job Scheduling, and more.
- Use Android Tools like Battery Historian and bug reports to analyze battery consumption, wifi scans and other OS internals.
- Create and use internal logging tools to understand how the SDK and the OS work.
- 2+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with several of iOS, Android, React Native, Flutter, Capacitor, and Cordova
- A deeply curious disposition, and tenacity to reason about complex systems using imperfect information
- Your own unique talents - we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all the qualifications
You'll work with:
- Nick Patrick, CEO
- Tim Julien, CTO
- Matt Isabel, VP of Product
- Our Software Engineering team!
- Remote friendly
- Competitive compensation package and equity plan
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with 100% premiums covered for you
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Free CitiBike membership (if based in tri-state area)
- Monthly fitness reimbursement and wellness programs via Classpass and Gympass
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.