Title: Mobile App Manager
Duration: Direct Hire
The Manager, Mobile Applications is responsible for managing and developing the engineering team responsible for iOS and Android development of our customer-facing applications. Working closely with partners in product management, business, engineering and operations, the Manager, Mobile Applications works with the team to plan, build and release digital products and features that our customers interact with using our mobile apps every day. This leader will effectively exhibit client's core values of Customer, People, Winning, Community, and Financial Responsibility in everything they do by performing the following main duties:
- The position combines managerial responsibilities with hands-on technical expertise.
- The Manager is responsible for appropriate staffing, staff management, performance management of both near shore development resources as well as internal resources.
- Help the team achieve high performance through the implementation of best practices in agile, continuous delivery, and test-driven development.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owner/Scrum Master to ensure high quality team performance/collaboration and to address and rectify opportunities for improvements
- Provide ongoing technical leadership of all iOS and Android development.
- Provide technical guidance and support for team regarding iOS and Android standards and best practices.
- Work collaboratively with functional analysts, business partners, business analysts, product managers and developers to organize, plan and build technical solutions.
- Responsible for looking ahead and identifying shifts in the technology landscape, as well as the continuous assessment of current technologies and their efficacy
- Enforce standards for code reusability, code quality and other best practices in software design and engineering.
- Drive process improvement and best practices across teams
- Additional duties and projects as required.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Computer Science or IT related field from a four-year college or university. At least 5+ years of experience in application development and at least 3 years of experience in mobile applications development on one or more major platforms (iOS or Android).
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
- Hands-on experience developing Android and iOS applications.
- Experience managing mobile application teams.
- Experience collaborating with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders in cross-functional groups
- Experience leading Agile teams and projects to deliver working software iteratively with quality
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to apply judgment and make informed decisions.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to strategize, plan, and implement change.
- Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results.
- Knowledge of disciplined software release build/deploy processes
- Knowledge of new technologies and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes.