BakerHostetler has an excellent opportunity for Marketing Specialist in all office locations (except Denver and New York). The Marketing Specialist is an exempt position that reports to the Manager of Marketing Operations & Systems. This role will work as a member of the Firmwide Marketing team to support and enrich the Firm's strategic participation in legal ranking directories, profiles, and surveys - with the goal of increasing external rankings and recognition for the Firm and its lawyers. The Marketing Specialist also will be part of the team that manages the Firm's responses to complex, multi-practice Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
- Maintain comprehensive calendar of submission dates for firm and attorney rankings and awards. Manage submissions process against key deadlines and collect prior submissions.
- In collaboration with Business Development and Marketing Managers, develop content for ranking publications and directories.
- Help develop and coordinate best practices for submissions.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend directories and surveys for participation to senior management for final determination.
- Collect and share information with other firm departments (Human Resources, Finance, Inclusion and Diversity, etc.).
- Generate and maintain reports for use in industry survey submissions to lawyer ranking entities.
- Report survey, ranking and directory information internally. Work with PR and Communications team members to ensure coordinated internal and external communication efforts.
- Work closely with Communications Staff Writers, Biographer and Business Development and Marketing Managers to integrate rankings and directory listings into website pages, collateral materials, biographies, and other content.
- Extract key attorney experience from directory and ranking submissions for use in the Firm's experience database.
- Provide project support and manage tasks for the Firm's response to high-stakes, complex RFPs.
- Other duties as requested and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience. Law firm experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficiency with Adobe InDesign or other graphic software is preferred. Proven aptitude to learn new software applications. Interactive marketing experience is a plus for online activities.
- Strong analytical and communication skills both oral and written. Ability to speak effectively and respond to common inquiries or complaints from all levels of professional and support staff, clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Interpersonal communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients, and staff, and to exhibit a high degree of responsiveness, diplomacy, and professionalism in these interactions. Demonstrated success strengthening corporate reputations and client relationships.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with ability be detail-oriented and to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines. Outstanding creativity; flexibility and persistence; motivation and energy with the ability to work with little supervision and collaborate with other members of the team. Demonstrate good judgment, tact, and flexibility under pressure in a mixed-matrix environment with many stakeholders and potentially competing priorities.
BakerHostetler is recognized as one of the leading law firms in the country. With nearly 1,000 attorneys across 17 offices coast to coast, BakerHostetler is a great place to work for those who seek professional and personal growth in a collaborative environment. We deliver the highest quality counsel to our clients, who include many of the nation's largest and most well-known companies. BakerHostetler's values have remained unchanged since our founding more than 100 years ago: dedication to the law, commitment to the highest standard of client service, continuous development of our people and active participation in the communities in which we work and live.
BakerHostetler offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit program. Specific information is provided during the interview process.
- Competitive Salaries
- Performance Bonus Program
- Generous Time Off
- Generous Retirement Program including 401(k) Plan
- Group Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- BHealthy Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Accident Insurance - Self and Family
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Pre-Tax Benefit Programs
Please visit for more information about our Firm.
Baker & Hostetler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.