Java Developer - Hybrid working - INSIDE IR35
As a Senior Software Engineer you will act as a senior member of an engineering team developing the e-commerce platforms. You will bring a positive attitude to inspire other team members to continually deliver high quality, clean, performant and highly operable code whilst helping build a collaborative environment in which they feel safe to challenge.
- Good knowledge of e-commerce web development including web security, caching strategies, content delivery networks
- Strong understanding of Java 8
- Strong understanding of Spring Framework
- Ability to use JDK tools to collect data to analyse how Java code is performing
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns
- Good knowledge of build tools and dependency management (Ivy, Maven, Gradle)
- Good understanding of distributed messaging systems (ActiveMQ, IBM MQ)
- Strong understanding of the testing pyramid (unit, functional, integration, system testing), TDD and BDD
- Good understanding of containerisation (Docker)
- Experienced at using relational databases and ORM tools (Spring, Hibernate)
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website