Our client, a leading global supplier for IT services, requires a Project Manager to be based in their client's office in London, UK.
This is a hybrid role- You can work remotely with 1-2 days based in the office per week.
This is a 6-Months temporary contract to start ASAP
Day rate: Competitive Market rate
- Agree and deliver a body of work, organized into programmes, projects and workstreams to agreed time, cost, quality, risk and benefit profiles, delivered within customers standards and controls framework;
- Proactively analyse variances against plan to assess trends threatening agreed scope, time, cost, and quality commitments. Identify signs that a project may be at risk and take appropriate action;
- Engage internal and external stakeholders such as users, customers or suppliers to fully benefit from the delivered products, services and changes.
- Develop and execute appropriate change and engagement plans to achieve necessary behavior changes in order to maximize benefits.
- Align expectations and ensure that the decision-making of stakeholders happen in a timely and effective manner.
- Mobilize and lead teams composed of a mixture of staff and suppliers across organizational boundaries. Ensure they have the necessary skills, capacity and experience to achieve the required outcomes.
- Develop the skills of team members through coaching, delegation and providing stretching assignments.
- Understand, assess, and embed the right delivery methodologies, in light of project and business constraints.
- Assess programme risks as they are encountered and evaluate trade-offs between cost, time, quality, risk and ultimately benefit, continuously managing the business cases of constituent projects and workstreams.
- Ensure that all deliverables, whether software, hardware, processes, products, or business change are fit for purpose and meet all relevant requirements; and
- Ensure that the business value intended by the work is explicit, agreed and delivered.
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle adhering to the Customer's Project Delivery Framework (PDF) methodology and other standards at a scale of $2M+.
- Quickly build and leverage relationships with sponsors (JG1 and above), the Programme Manager (JG2 and above) and key stakeholders and understand their priorities. Resolve conflict and deliver tough messages with grace to the Decision Review Board.
- Agree and build an agreed list of deliverables as defined by the Decision Review Board or Programme Manager, keeping to the time, cost and quality parameters set.
- Motivate and lead the project or workstream team through periods of uncertainty, while understanding and reporting barriers so that the team can complete its objectives while managing pressure.
- Create and deliver relevant and impactful communications for project or workstream stakeholders.
- Support the project team to remain resilient after setbacks and to recover performance.
- Manage and report risks at a project level to make timely recommendations that will maximize value.
- Understand changes necessary to balance execution efficiency with risk mitigation, value delivery, cost, quality and benefits;
- Understand programme or project goals and business context at all stages of the lifecycle, and particularly when responding to challenges and change. Recommend acceptable courses of action where appropriate.
- Execute the chosen methodology for the project or workstream to maximize delivery effectiveness.
- Execute the required governance approach defined by the Decision Review Board or Programme Manager; and
- Support programme leadership or the natural team to enable the project team to collaborate effectively with business IT, the impacted businesses, wider stakeholders both internally and externally, resolving issues such as financing, risk, resourcing, integrated planning and long-term management of any resulting products and services where appropriate.
- Typical Experience: 5-10+ years in IT with 3+ years of experience in managing projects through the entire lifecycle (start up to close down)
- Typical Programme Complexity: Projects with multiple workstreams and deliverables, impacting a collection of business processes or teams, with business and technical change. Impacts a single function or team.
- Typical Programme Size: 6+ people
- Typical Programme Budget: $1M+
- Degree educated with evidence of a commitment to lifelong learning
- Experience delivering projects using Agile methodologies (SCRUM / Kanban / SAFe)
- Knowledge of physical, shipped commodities
- Experience of direct delivery to Traders
- Evidence of a hands- on delivery approach
- Familiarity with the processes/systems that support wholesale commodities trading and marketing
- 7+ years leading IT delivery
- Knowledge of LNG markets
- Experience delivering projects on the Salesforce platform and related technologies
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps and understanding of CI/CD deployment process