IT Delivery Lead - Brighton / 6 Months - £500-£600 per day - Inside IR35
Public sector organisation is recruiting for an IT Delivery Lead for 6mths initial contract in Brighton (or remote) with experience consisting of the follwing:
1) IT Technical Manager - Act to pull together the scope of our projects, to ensure that they are deliverable. Guiding Project Managers, Architects, Software/Application Delivery Teams as to the delivery plans, inside both Agile and Waterfall deliveries.
2) IT Product Owner - Owning the definition of the future IT projects and their Statements of Work, as these projects appear, so that they may be qualified and governed in an appropriate manner.
- Represent, champion and challenge IT throughout any interactions with our myriad of projects and programmes.
- Develop and deploy IT delivery improvements using process, controls, ways of working and technology to drive efficiencies.
- Support and shape projects and programmes through scoping and planning taking account of dependencies and interactions to advise and influence the wider business and IT teams.
- Ensure the creation and controlled maintenance of a documented backlog of IT changes.
- Ensure strategic alignment between IT delivery and:
- Architecture principles, processes and best practices.
- Business needs.
- Provide technical assurance to the programme, ensuring effective use of IT to provide quality services and partnering with the senior programme team to overcome business challenges with the 'right' use of technology.
- Provide clear, succinct and cogent reports to required deadlines for the IT Directorate, Programme Boards and key stakeholders as required.
- Participate in procurements of 3rd party IT Suppliers in support of the interests and objectives.
- Identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness through new working practices, or through collaboration and partnerships.
- Ensure as relevant, IT drives activities to meet the strategic business goal of replacing "at risk of failure", "not fit for purpose" IT solutions to meet future regulatory operating model.
- Extensive experience in definition of Statements of Work (SoW) for Government Framework procurements.
- Extensive experience in leading the delivery of IT change in a Microsoft Azure environment and with a Microsoft technology landscape, including D365, Sitecore, Power BI, Microsoft Teams, Telephony, SharePoint, OneDrive, M365, SQL Server DBs
- Extensive experience in leading the delivery of IT change in a complex regulated environment and/or governmental body whilst matrix-managing multiple internal and external partners / suppliers
- Experience in leading IT delivery either through Waterfall and SAFe / scaled agile
- Highly skilled at stakeholder management and facilitation to be able to conclude discussions and reach consensus where multiple stakeholders may have multiple conflicting needs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently to all stakeholders, both orally and in writing, to influence thinking and to indirectly manage the action of others e.g. stakeholders up to Executive Director and Portfolio Oversight Board level
- Prince 2, MSP, SAFe and/or ITIL certified
- Experience in acting as a Product Owner managing an IT Backlog
- Experience in managing, measuring and reporting RAIDs, quality, scope, budget and outcomes related to IT delivery