Job Details Description
Planned Parenthood North Central States
Health Center Associate I (HCA I) Minneapolis, MN
Starting salary for candidate who meets minimum requirements (Experience will be compensated): $17+
$2 Weekend, $1-$3 Abortion Care, and/or $4 Float Differential provided when shift requirements are met.
Typical Schedule: FT, 32 hours/week
At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom, and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That s why we protect, promote, and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care, and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Click here to learn more: Our Mission
A Day in the Life
Under immediate supervision of the Health Center Manager, the Health Center Associate I (HCA I) performs a wide variety of functions. As the first patient contact in the health center, the HCA I plays a critical role in shaping the experience of our patients. HCA Is are responsible for providing the highest level of customer service and patient care as well as supporting the operations of the health center. HCA Is are advocates in implementing our mission To affirm the right to reproductive and sexual health and freedom for all by providing excellent care, trusted education, and fierce advocacy They may perform other related duties to support health center operations as assigned.
Tentative Schedule: Variable shifts M-F of 9:45-6:15 or 12:00-8:30, and every third weekend 9:45-6:15.
This position will impact us with the following contributions:
- Welcome all patients and visitors
- Register patients for health center services, answer phones, direct calls, and reach out ot patients as needed
- Ensure all patients receive unbiased patient support and assistance, assess patient questions and direct to appropriate resources
- Maintain patient medical records and obtain patient consent for forms as necessary
- Collect, assess, and verify patient financial information and determine and confirm insurance coverage
- Accurately inform patients of potential costs for services
- Follow all federal, state, and local laws regarding mandated reporting, abortion services, healthcare services, and HIPAA
- Provide factual, unbiased information to patients seeking abortion
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
- High school diploma
- One to two years customer service experience
The ideal candidate is: Spanish bilingual, has experience in a healthcare setting, and has experience working with NextGen or other EHR systems.
This position is eligible for:
- A comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision With equity-based premium tiers
- NICE HEALTHCARE free, virtual primary care for entire household (in-home available for qualifying locations) Services include: 80 free labs, free x-rays, and physical tests, live, virtual physical therapy, 550+ free medications
- Flex Spending Account
- Life insurance
- Eligibility for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- PTO, Float holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Eight weeks paid Parental Leave
- One Week Paid COVID leave, if necessary
- Pet Insurance
We require all PPNCS employees, volunteers, interns, and fellows to have a current, up-to date, COVID vaccine (Exemptions may be provided for medical, disability (ADA) or religious reasons.)
The position you are applying for is in a health center with direct patient care, therefore, if you were to be offered and accept employment, we would require the following documents from you prior to your first day of employment. Please do not bring this documentation to your interview you will have forms to complete that require the documentation should you be offered the position.
- Hepatitis B vaccination records and titers
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccination records or proof of immunization
- Chicken Pox vaccination records or proof of immunization
- Tetanus shot documentation
- Tuberculosis PPD Skin Test that is no older than 12 months
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size, disability, socioeconomic status, or status regarding public assistance. Planned Parenthood is committed to encouraging and promoting diversity as well as providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Planned Parenthood is dedicated to an equitable and inclusive work environment and encourages all interested candidates to apply regardless of initial skill set.
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
Questions? Contact for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)