This is a great opportunity to join a developing and wide ranging insurance Compliance function where you will gain exposure to their UK regulated and unregulated businesses and the Group's other global businesses.
Key responsibilities include:
- You will support the Group Head of Compliance in leading the insurance intermediary and non-regulated business to comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and basic contractual requirements to which they are subject.
- You will manage the design and maintenance of a robust compliance risks and controls framework for those UK insurance intermediary and non-regulated businesses and be responsible for monitoring and reporting on them to key stakeholders within the Group Assurance Function and businesses units (as applicable).
- You will make a strong contribution to Group Compliance's oversight and support of compliance issues within the Group's businesses in EMEA, the Americas and APAC
- Whilst the role is primarily 2nd line of defence there will be aspects of 1st line work (such as liaising with your business unit functions with UK regulatory filings, surveys, notifications, fees and support documents). Such 1st line documents need to be completed accurately and when required submitted in a timely manner).
- Your preparation of relevant regulatory documents will include: SMCR changes and certifications, client money meetings & audits, FCA queries, financial crime, sanctions, IDD reviews, TCF/vulnerable person/consumer duty, and operational resilience reviews.
- You will guide the insurance intermediary staff and help investment management compliance in ad hoc matters.
- You will be a key part of Group Compliance's support for business units' compliance in the various regions (incl. Group wide technical advice re sanctions, ABC, AML, fraud, tax evasion, modern slavery). You will lead liaison with regional compliance's knowledge gathering and development of their local jurisdiction variations to Group-wide Compliance Policies and Procedures.
- With the Head of Compliance you will provide Group Compliance's support to business unit compliance processes and control reviews. You will liaise with the Group Risk Manager on compliance risk issues (incl. the technical parts of Group Policies and Procedures, Compliance Framework changes and Training points).
- You will organise the Group's regulatory change horizon scanning and report to senior management with the Group Head of Compliance, so that new/changed policies, procedures and controls can be prepared and put in place when regulations impose relevant new obligations.
- You will help Group Compliance advise on escalated KYC issues on existing & new clients, claimants, suppliers/vendors, M&A targets, agents and other third parties.
- You will deal with Group business and support units' queries and escalations on compliance aspects of external and internal audits/questionnaires.
- You will work with key stakeholders across the business to develop your expertise role
- You will contribute to know-how materials to support colleagues' awareness of, and compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- You will provide ad hoc compliance advice to the Group generally as well as other reasonable ad hoc duties within your capabilities.
- In performing your duties, you will be required and expected to comply with the FCA's Conduct Rules (COCON) as well as other rules and regulations applicable from to time.
Experience and knowledge required:
- You have 3-5 years experience working in an insurance related compliance function, incl. experience of compliance policies and procedures.
- You have practical working knowledge controls, their frameworks, monitoring and assurance.
- You will be highly organised with the ability to work independently, manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- You will have a high standard of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
- You will have in-depth working knowledge of the Risk and Compliance function within a Group.
- You will be self-motivated, highly organised and focused on executing well.
- You will be able to work independently and with changing priorities.
- You will be able to build strong, mutually respectful relationships with diverse teams.
- You are comfortable challenging the business and dealing with conflict.
- You are passionate about building compliance processes and controls that meet regulatory and business requirements.
- You will have analytical skills and familiarity with analytical tools.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.