A growing diagnostics company has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Biologist to join its team. Your role will cover testing and evaluation of antigens, antibodies, and other raw materials, as well as the assessment of in-process materials both in ELISA and qPCR. You will require a scientific based degree, commercial laboratory work experience, and technical knowledge and understanding of ELISA processes within a GMP / GLP-based environment.
- Raw material evaluation, including antigens, antibodies, and sera.
- Testing in-process materials, including plates, conjugates, buffers, and controls.
- Manufacture, dispensing, and labelling of kit components
- Department calibrations and equipment maintenance
- Data interpretation and presentation of results.
- Working to GMP/GLP
- Perform any manufacturing tasks assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- Awareness of Health & Safety procedures
- Support the Manufacturing Team
- Calibration and workplace maintenance of all relevant lab equipment
- Restock Laboratory Consumables
- Waste deactivation and disposal
- Maintain workplace and equipment in good order
- Commercial experience working in a laboratory-based environment
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Technical understanding of ELISA and its applications desirable
- Data Handling and interpretations
- Excel skills essential
- Attention to detail and pride in work
- Works proactively both individually and in a team
- Good organisation
- Ability to follow procedures
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Good communication skills
- IT literate and able to carry out basic tasks on computer
- Flexible and adaptable
- Understanding of ELISA and PCR processes