Planned Parenthood North Central States Float Health Center Associate I (HCA I) Twin Cities Metro, MN Starting Wage: $17.00 + float differential
At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom, and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That s why we protect, promote, and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care, and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Under immediate supervision of the Float Team Manager, the Float Health Center Associate I (HCA I) performs a wide variety of functions. As the first patient contact in the health center, the Float HCA I plays a critical role in shaping the experience of our patients. Float HCA Is are responsible for providing the highest level of customer service and patient care as well as supporting the operations of the health center. Float HCA Is are advocates in implementing our mission To affirm the right to reproductive and sexual health and freedom for all by providing excellent care, trusted education, and fierce advocacy They may perform other related duties to support health center operations as assigned. Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome all patients and visitors. Register patients for health center services. Answer phones, direct calls, and reach out to patients as needed. Perform computer data entry, including patient demographics, insurance information, and appointment scheduling.
- Ensure all patients receive unbiased patient support and assistance, assess patient questions and direct to appropriate resources.
- Maintain patient medical records and obtain patient consent for forms as necessary. Appropriately handle requests for patient medical records.
- Collect, assess, and verify patient financial information and determine and confirm insurance coverage. Comply with all funding source requirements. Assess funding sources, aid patients in applying for and obtaining funding. Provide patients with resources for insurance navigation, financial counseling, and community sliding scale health centers.
- Accurately inform patients of potential costs for services. Assess and collect patient fees. Reconcile, prepare, and make bank deposits. Comply with all aspects of the cash handling policies.
- Prepare charge tickets for clinical staff coding. Charge post for clinical services and review charges for accuracy. Perform and reconcile charge reports.
- Ensure all patients are provided with information regarding donations and are asked for a donation at the time of checkout. Provide a summary of services for the transaction.
- Ensure all patients are asked to complete patient experience surveys.
- Follow all federal, state, and local laws regarding mandated reporting, abortion services, healthcare services, and HIPAA.
- Perform all applicable inventory functions. Process and stock clinical supplies that are received.
- Perform in-health center refill and resupply requests within scope of practice, including curbside prescription delivery.
- Provide factual, unbiased information to patients seeking abortion.
- All health center staff are expected to participate in the onboarding of new employees and supporting the cross-training of established employees.
Scheduling and hours commitments will depend on FTE (Full-Time Equivalent) or regular scheduled hours of the float position. There is the option to work above the scheduled FTE if extra hours are available. The Regular Float would be assigned clinic hours within the assigned area and travel is an expectation of this role. A Float HCA I will have shifts that are predetermined in accordance with PPNCS' schedule publication timeline. Floats may be asked to work alternative shifts at comparable locations and times should staffing needs change.
Hours commitments will be met on a pay period basis, provided that the availability criteria are met. If clinic shifts are unavailable then, whenever possible, other projects may be assigned at any of the clinics in the PPNCS system or remote work such as chart purges, data entry, or audit work in order to fulfill the hours commitment to the extent feasible. Work Hours
Full-time position working 32 hours per week. Tentative schedule: M-F shifts as early as 8am and as late as 8:30pm, varies, every 3rd weekend Saturday and Sunday Based in Twin Cities Metro, MN with travel throughout Minnesota. Travel is required. Position eligible for mileage reimbursement and paid travel! We Offer
This position is eligible for:
- A comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision with sliding scale premiums
- NICE HEALTHCARE free, virtual primary care for entire household (in-home available for qualifying locations) Services include: 80 free labs, free x-rays and physical tests, live, virtual physical therapy, 550+ free medications
- Flex Spending Account, Health Savings Account
- Life insurance
- Eligibility for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- PTO, Float holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- 1 Weeks Paid COVID leave, if necessary
- Pet Insurance!
We require all PPNCS employees, volunteers, interns, and fellows to have a current, up-to date, COVID vaccine (Exemptions may be provided for medical, disability (ADA) or religious reasons.) IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS:
The position you are applying for is in a health center with direct patient care, therefore, if you were to be offered and accept employment, we would require the following documents from you prior to your first day of employment. Please do not bring this documentation to your interview you will have forms to complete that require the documentation should you be offered the position.
- Hepatitis B vaccination records and titers delete and titers
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccination records or proof of immunization
- Chicken Pox vaccination records or proof of immunization
- Tetanus shot documentation
- Tuberculosis PPD Skin Test that is no older than 12 months
- CPR Certification
- Understand and work as a team to meet PPNCS productivity goals. Annual performance monitoring for staff will include an assessment of whether or not established productivity goals have been met.
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for: safety and security, confidentiality, quality assurance, compliance with current laws and regulations including HIPAA and mandated reporting, and training.
- Committed to collaborating in a diverse organization through equitable practices and an inclusive culture.
- Supports and participates in:
- Common teamwork; Cooperates and works together with all co-workers
- Attend all staff meetings, huddles, and 1:1 meetings
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations demonstrating compassion, empathy, and dignity for all
- Follows up as appropriate with manager/supervisor, co-workers and patients regarding reported complaints, problems, and concerns
- Promotes positive public image and relations of PPNCS
- Completes requirements for acceptable attendance and timeliness to work, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
- If applicable to size/staffing of health center, maintain certification in BLS
- High school diploma
- One to two years customer service experience
- Must provide proof of automobile insurance coverage if required to drive on PPNCS business
- Valid driver s license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in health care setting
- Bilingual language skills (Spanish, Hmong, etc.)
- Experience working with NextGen or other EHR system
- Effective communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Technology skills including computer and applicable software skills
- Ability to work with patients from diverse backgrounds and create a positive environment that demonstrates PPNCS commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
PPNCS complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities..... click apply for full job details