This role is a permanent, full time Finance and Payroll Officer position working 50/50 from home and office, paying between £25,000 and £30,000 per annum.
Our client is an organisation based in Stockport who offer a range of services to men, women and young people that promote quality, safe and affordable sexual health and contraceptive services.
The key responsibilies will include, but may not be limited to;
You will provide an efficient and effective payroll function and assist with management accounts production. You will also carry out general financial/clerical and support tasks within the accounts department such as sales & purchase ledger activities as well as bank reconciliations.
The focus of this role is managing the organisations payroll but the post holder will be expected to gain knowledge of all aspects of the finance department such as maintaining the sales ledger, performing bank reconciliations as well as month/year end tasks.
Other duties include;
To assist with the creation of sales invoices/credit notes, ensuring information provided is accurate and complete.
To assist with the inputting of all invoices/credit notes accurately and promptly, and ensure they are promptly uploaded to separate system to ensure payment of these invoices.
To assist with bank reconciliations weekly and ensure all postings are up to date for month end and assist with the production of a final month end reconciliation to agreed deadlines.
Assist with year-end audit, providing backing documentation and answering auditor queries.
The successful candidate must possess;
Sage 50 experience is essential
- You will be numerate and AAT qualified or working towards an accountancy qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA. Computer literate in the use of spreadsheets, database and word processing. You will have great attention to detail to ensure your work is accurate and of a high standard.
- Familiarity with accountancy principles, data entry and analysis combined with your excellent communication skills will allow you to build positive relationships with the wider accountancy team.
- Experience in working within Payroll
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships well.
On offer to the candidate;
- A permanent, full time role based in Stockport, offering hybrid working;
- Between £25,000 and £30,000 per annum.