Job ID 2213207
Location MIDDLETOWN , RI , US
Date Posted 2022-09-02
Category Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory Electrical Engr
Shift Day Job
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain Secret
Potential for Remote Work -Hybrid
Are you an Electrical Engineer looking to support an exciting Navy mission in our new state-of-the-art labs? Are you seeking long term career growth and a company that values work life balance?
Job Summary SAIC is seeking an organized and motivated Electrical Engineer who will effectively support a fast-paced work environment with the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division in Middleton, RI. You will be part of a collaborative team of engineers and support technicians working to bring a variety of electrical designs from the early concept stage all the way through fabrication.
This opportunity allows for optimum work-life balance on schedule and work location, along with future growth.
Location Work is performed both on site and allows for remote/work at home. The on-site work is at 28 Jacome Way, Middletown, RI, and/or the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport.
Work Schedules Flexible work schedule options are also available. If desired, engineers may partake in SAIC's 9/80 schedule to have every other Friday off or a 4/10 schedule if desired.
Growth Our management team is focused on enabling our engineers to succeed and achieve long term career goals and promoting leaders from within our programs. We have multiple long term programs within the local area, and are continuously pursuing similar expansions in the future.
More on the role Our team is integral in developing present and future leading edge USN weapons systems capabilities. You will need broad engineering skillsets, well-developed work habits, and an eagerness and enthusiasm for solving engineering challenges. Your projects will include the design, documentation and testing of a wide array of electrical and electronic systems in the areas of undersea defensive systems, torpedo test equipment, Automated Test Equipment (ATE), sonar electronics, analog, digital, and system design and other evolving tasking.
- You will design and test electronic systems for embedded underwater applications, custom data acquisition systems, and automated test hardware for land-based testing of naval systems.
- You will develop and execute test plans for new designs and document your results.
- You will design and document systems and circuits in OrCAD, Eagle, or Visio
- You will have powerful computer, software, and test equipment resources at your disposal to allow you to be effective and efficient in your job.
- Candidates must demonstrate a history of excelling at multiple concurrent challenges and an eagerness and aptitude for learning new things.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors and four (4) years or more experience; Masters and 2 years related experience
- 4+ years of engineering design, analysis, and testing.
- Electronic design in the area of test equipment, power electronics, amplifiers, filtering, signal conditioning, and/or high-speed digital. Schematic entry using OrCAD Capture or Eagle.
- Experience creating technical data package quality drawings for electronic systems.
- Ability to interact directly with customers to extract requirements, generate a plan and report status.
- PCB design with Mentor Graphics PADS Layout, Cadence OrCAD PCB Designer, Altium, or Eagle.
- Experience with MATLAB, data manipulation, processing, and visualization.
- FPGA experience using Vivado for Xilinx hardware (FPGAs, SOCs, MPSOCs etc.) or Quartus for Intel products.
- Developing and executing test plans for electronic subsystems.
- Experience with soldering and debugging circuits.
- Hands on lab experience using oscilloscopes, function generators, network analyzers etc.
- Familiarity with System Engineering concepts.
- Experience with marine hardware including ROVs, UUVs, sonar, arrays, and transducers.
- Familiarity with National Instruments products including PXI, LabView, or CVI
Covid Policy SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site. SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit .