Electrical Engineer Location:
Clamart, France About Schlumberger:
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it. Job Summary :
The Electrical Engineer as part of the Completion Sustaining team is responsible for assisting in providing innovative and cost effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products. The Electrical Engineer also assists in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion. Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain and improve electronic designs and products (technical files, components, schematics, assembly procedures, tool manuals, etc.)
- Build prototypes, products, and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code, and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
- Create and maintain product documentation. Provide support to operations and customers.
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risk.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations. Share expertise via special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organization.
- Conduct Failure Analysis at PCBA and/or tool level
- MS / PhD in Electrical Engineering and 5 years or more of work experience
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- English language proficiency
- Direct hands-on experience with common electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, multimeters, spectrum analyzers, power analyzers, etc.
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Analog electronics
- Power electronics (Topologies: Fly back, Active forward, ...)
- Communication interface (I2C, RS485, SPI, ...)
- Modulations (TDMA/FDMA/FSK)
- Layout and PCBAs
- Cadence, LTSpice, TINA
- Good communication skills
- Can function independently and in a team
- Analytical thinker
- Able to provide creative and innovative solutions
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.