EA to Director, London, 12 month FTC, £35775 - 38761, depending on experience, Higher Education. start ASAP Your new companyYou will be working for a well established Russell Group university based in London - with well connected travel You will be working in the Estates and Facilities Team. Your new roleThe Executive Assistant will use their professional expertise and judgement to deliver an effective and efficient service to meet the requirements of customers, staff, senior managers and external stakeholders. The post holder will support the Director in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives and will include the coordination of cross-service projects to achieve strategic and operational aims. The post holder will develop effective working relations with staff at all levels across the University and regularly liaise with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of EAF operations and the fulfilment of strategic objectives. The post holder will also be responsible for the operational management of the office of the Director of Estates, Facilities and Capital Development on a-day-to-day basis dealing with all enquiries and ensuring matters are escalated as appropriate in a timely manner.What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience as a PA/EA.
- Substantial experience of working as a PA/EA in a Higher Education Institute or Estates/Facilities Management organisation
- Experience of supporting committee work at a senior level
- Experience of dealing with complex and sensitive business activities in an executive support role.
- Experience in handling difficult situations with tact and sensitivity.
- Ability to manage and prioritise activities of self and others in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise creativity and judgement in problem solving.
- Excellent IT Skills including Microsoft Office and an understanding of management information systems. Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance competing pressures, deadlines and demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive approach
- Self-motivated and acts on own initiative.
- Able to build and maintain relationships, develop networks and interact with senior members of the University, and external partners.
- Able to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to cope with uncertainty and change. Professional calm and efficient manner.
- Required to carry out duties at other University sites as necessary, to support the wide ranging activity of the Estates and Facilities Directorate.
- Able to maintain complete confidentiality at all times when dealing with sensitive information.
- The ability to meet UK 'right to work' requirements.
What you'll get in returnFlexible working options available. 3 days on site in Central East London. Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Annual leave - the full-time annual leave annual entitlement is 30 working days (not including bank holidays).
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Pension scheme
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Family friendly policies
- Flexible working practices
- On-site day nursery
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible. Shortlist 14th September 2022. Interviews will be held o 19th September 2022.