Apply for this job now
Drafter - Building Facade, Curtainwall, Glazing
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Job Type
- 8 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
This position is based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
At Steel Encounters, our team is our greatest asset.
Steel Encounters is based in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, Utah in close proximity to a multitude of recreational and cultural activities. Steel Encounters benefits from the richness of our diversity and recognizes the power of our employees working together. As a unified group, we accomplish the company's goals and create a stimulating work environment that makes our company welcoming, accepting, and successful. Steel Encounters maintains a large backlog of work, including for both public and private clientele. We are an ESOP company (employee-owned company), that firmly believes in "Building successful employee-owners."
As a Curtainwall Drafter you will work on award-winning, challenging projects like the Overstock Headquarters building in Midvale, Utah. It was the largest installation of smart glass in Utah, with self-tinting windows that automatically adjust the amount of heat and light during hot summer days. You will work with our designers and engineers to develop the latest building envelope systems and components drawings in electronic format using AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks, and/or Revit software.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Designs and drafts building envelope/ façade systems and components drawings
• Create drawings of curtain wall system designs, utilizes standard, modified standard, or custom extrusions that are weather tight, constructible, serviceable, and economical
• Evaluate and recommend potential cost savings resulting from design modifications and make appropriate design decisions that integrate savings into the design as applicable
• Be a project lead, coordinating drawing efforts with more than one associate to produce a complete and accurate set of drawings and/or production package
KEYS TO SUCCESS
• Degree in Architectural, Mechanical or Structural Engineering, or five years of relevant experience
• Minimum of two (2) years' experience drafting building envelopes, such as curtain wall, glazing, metal panel systems
WAGES & BENEFITS
• We pay above the industry average for the right experience and education
• Annual bonus based on contribution to company success
• Employee Stock Ownership Program, profit sharing, and 401(k)
• Career development, training, and tuition reimbursement
• Wellness program with a monthly incentive ($50 to $70 based on participation)
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Eight (8) paid Holidays
• Employee Stock Ownership Program and 401(k) (Profit Share)
• Medical (Company Pays 75% of Premium), dental, and supplemental insurance available
• Cell phone reimbursement ($40.00 per month)
• Charitable donation program (Up to $250 match)
Check us out on Steel Encounters YouTube Channel:
WHO WE ARE WHAT WE DO
Are you looking for a company who values their employees and wants to help them grow? Are you someone who enjoys being part of a team that is proud of the work they do and whose goal is to provide our customers with an outstanding construction experience? Nestled in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, Steel Encounters is a highly respected specialty subcontractor delivering a variety of building envelope services for commercial buildings. Steel Encounters is an ESOP company (employee-owned company), employees receive dividends on profits that go directly towards retirement. Each employee-owner takes pride in their work and is an important contributor to our overall success. At Steel Encounters, our team is our greatest asset.
- Job Reference: 706834050-2
- Date Posted: 8 September 2022
- Recruiter: Steel Encounters
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Construction
- Job Type: Permanent