Distribution Supervisors plan and coordinate the activities of Distribution Center Team Members to achieve departmental and organizational objectives in a unionized environment. You will also plan and coordinate the activities of Distribution Center Team Members to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: 3 - 5 years of supervisory experience
- Education Desired: Bachelors Degree
- Plan and coordinate the work activities of Distribution Center Team Members by integrating the use of labor management and inventory systems.
- Schedule Distribution Team Members and allocate job assignments to ensure production demands are accomplished efficiently.
- Provide clear direction to Team Members to meet customer requirements, production demands and Company goals.
- Maintain a consistent presence on the warehouse floor to observe, monitor and coach the job performance of Distribution Center Team Members.
- Utilize reporting systems to provide the Shift Manager and other Department Managers with accurate accounts of production activities.
- Communicate with stores, external vendors and other Distribution Center Departments to ensure that production and internal and external customer requirements are met. Encourage open lines of communication with other Shift Managers, Supervisors and subordinates to ensure cohesiveness and the safe and efficient operation of the Distribution Center.
- Pursue and foster positive working relationships with new and existing Team Members and Union representatives to promote Team Member satisfaction and increase retention.
- Utilize problem solving and conflict resolution skills and escalate situations to Shift Manager, Operations Manager and/or Human Resources when appropriate.
- Demonstrate and promote ethical, professional behavior.
- Have flexibility in scheduling with the availability to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary.
- Consistently administer and maintain compliance within the Labor Agreement.
- Communicate and enforce federal, Corporate and Company policies and procedures.
- Promote safety and productivity guidelines to reinforce and recognize good work habits, identify training needs or initiate corrective action for Team Members.
- Encourage open lines of communication with other Departments, Shift Manager, and co-workers to ensure cohesiveness and the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Perform special projects as needed and assigned.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.