Location: Forty Green
Work Type: Full Time
Shift: 7.5 Hour Shifts; Monday to Friday, Days
Reporting to the VP, Corporate Services & the CFO and the VP, People, Communications & Engagement, plan, organize, and direct the activities of the Pension Plan for Employees of Kitchener Waterloo Hospital (KW Pension Plan). Develops the KW Pension Plan strategy, plan design, budgeting, and vendor management while partnering with internal and external providers on the actual operations and implementation of the Plan.
- In collaboration with the VP, People, Communications & Engagement and the VP Corporate Services & CFO develops the Hospital's strategy and practices for the Pension Plan for Employees of Kitchener Waterloo Hospital (the KW Pension Plan)
- In collaboration with Finance and external consultants, participates in the review and evaluation pension plan investment performance
- Compiles statistics and prepares reports and presentations for the Pension and Resources Committees meetings to ensure appropriate governance of the plan
- Collaborates and works with the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) on all pension related matters
- Ensure that the pension is managed efficiently and effectively and provides recommendations to management on benefit changes in order that the plan is competitive in the external marketplace
- Revises as necessary the Pension Governance Policy for recommendation to the Pension Committee
- Develops and leads our Pensions Member Experience program for plan members including the development and implementation of a strategic communication plan for the KW Pension Plan
- Consults with Finance and executive leadership to ensure programs meet the required legislation, corporate strategies, business, and total compensation objectives
- Develops recommendations to executive leadership for revisions to programs
- Leading and providing technical guidance and overall direction to the team in managing the KW Pension Plan
- Chairs the Pension Advisory Committee meeting of the KW Pension Plan
- Manages the day to day activities of a team of pensions and benefits professionals of various levels, providing leadership and mentoring in support
- Managing and ensuring all monthly, quarterly and annual tasks for KW Pension Plan are completed appropriately and within established timeframes
- Maintains currency in professional and specialized pension knowledge, practices, principles, and technologies to be able to evaluate the impact of introducing new programs
- Act as a relationship manager with third party service providers of pension and negotiates contracts and service level agreements with third party service providers
- Provide leadership and direction to the pension team including recruiting, coaching, advising, performance management, mentoring and staff development, communicating and staff to ensure a complete understanding of business and pension/benefits strategy, programs, and related legislation
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Accounting, or Actuarial Science, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- CEBS Designation considered an asset
- Minimum of 7 years progressive experience in pension administration, program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Previous management experience is considered an asset
- Proven track record of building partnerships and influencing a diverse set of stakeholders to drive outcomes; you can influence without authority, manage conflict and nurture trusting relationships
- Strong pension plan technical expertise, analytical skills and conceptual thinking to identify and resolve issues
- Leadership, management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Sound judgment, problem solving, and relationship building skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- Project management experience and the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Grand River Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.