Senior Devops Engineer - Cambridge, UK - Temp Senior DevOps Contractor
About the role
- The core mission of Productivity Engineering Group at Arm is to assist colleagues across all of Arm's Engineering population with infrastructure that is evaluated and deployed alongside a deep understanding of the work that the company does and what will work best at Arm.This role, within Productivity Engineering's Software & DevOps team, based in Cambridge, is to contribute to accelerating the deployment and adoption of our DevOps Enablement Stack as a key element of a multi-year change program.
- In that context, this role requires individuals who have practical experience of realising CI/CD workflows, and allied services, in a DevOps environment; combined with the soft skills required to support and enable adoption among Engineering teams unfamiliar with the new environment.
What can you expect to work on?
- With the broad scope, high complexity, and long duration of the program you can expect to undertake a wide variety of tasks, the following are listed as examples only:
- Working alongside the Engineering teams that are developing core components of the DevOps Enablement Stack to add capabilities or to integrate with other components or services.
- Leading exploratory meetings and/or technical deep dives with internal customers to gain an understanding of their specific technical requirements and use cases.
- Providing and/or representing up to date status and insight into project plans and governance forums.
- Working to establish, build and nurture communities of practice to support DevOps adoption and evolve methodologies.
- Contributing to the provision of self-help materials such as user-guides, FAQs, training materials, templates, and exemplar policies.
- Working alongside internal customer teams to migrate workflows from their existing paradigm to the paradigm of our DevOps Enablement Stack, or to stand up new workflows within it.
Job RequirementsThe ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with a passion for automation. They will thrive in a collaborative working environment and be familiar with Agile working practices.Essential skills and experience:
- Solid understanding of modern Software Development Lifecycles including the concepts of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Solid understanding of Linux based infrastructure design, provisioning, and maintenance. Demonstrable experience of:
- Terraform to define infrastructure as code.
- Vault for secrets management.o Containerisation utilising Kubernetes and Docker.
- Standing up services and workflows on AWS.
- Source code management usage with Git, Gerrit and GitLab.
Desired skills and experience
- A good university degree in computer science/software engineering or equivalent.
- Experience of capturing and documenting technical requirements.
- Experience in authoring and presenting technical content.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.