General Dentistry opening in Hillsboro, Illinois. Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a part-time (18 hours per week) Dentist
to join our team of healthcare professionals at the Graham Correctional Center
in Hillsboro, IL. POSITION SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the Medical Director, a dentist licensed in the state of assignment responsible and accountable for supervising the dental staff and managing the dental activity as well as for providing oral health care to patients such as fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals, etc. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides overall supervision of the dental department.
- Provides preventative and restorative treatment to all inmates.
- Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as indicated.
- Performs operative dentistry including appropriate repair of caries.
- Repairs/fits proper prosthetic devices.
- Supervise staff in: cleaning of teeth, making impressions for prosthetic devices, planning and maintaining an oral hygiene program, completing appropriate records accurately and all procedures associated with the provision of dental care.
- Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed on-site at facility.
- Provides supervision of staff in instruction of offenders in preventative practices for maintaining proper oral hygiene.
- Submit monthly report of Dental Department activities.
- Participate in staff development programs.
- Develop and update departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervise and evaluate all assigned dental staff.
- Forward all outside referrals of offenders to the Medical Director to assure the necessity for such referrals.
- Serves as clinical authority on all matters related to the delivery of dental services, and provides direction, guidance, and oversight to the dental staff and programs.
- Determines the timeframes for non-emergent and elective treatments according to priority and availability.
- Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and ensure that such treatment will not interfere with the provision of greater priority services.
- Examines patients and documents findings on standard forms, utilizing applicable dental classification systems (i.e., APHA).
- Provides or arranges for appropriate preventative restorative dental care as needed within the administrative guidelines to all inmates.
- Provides or arranges for appropriate care for emergency patients as soon as possible.
- Ensures continuity of care.
- Supplies data for clinic reports as requested.
- Keeps dental licenses up-to-date, and ensure current copy is on file in the Health Care Unit.
- Must be CPR certified and skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting, and must be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during emergency procedures.
- Responsible for dental office security to include instrument, medicine and needle counts.
- Responsible to ensure appropriate and quality orientation for all newly hired dental staff.
- Notifies the Wexford Health Staffing Department of vacant or upcoming vacant positions in a timely manner and actively assists the Staffing Department in the filling of vacant positions.
- Is familiar with overtime and commodities budgets and works to remain within budget.
- Notifies Regional Manager of staffing vacancies related to the Schedule E.
- Obtains approval of Wexford Health and IDOC administration prior to exceeding staffing hours as stipulated in the Schedule E.
- Strives to ensure 100% compliance of Schedule E staffing hours.
- Complies with and enforces Wexford Health/Facility Policy and procedures and ensures subordinate compliance.
- Is familiar with all aspects of the Wexford Health Collective Bargaining Agreement and operates consistent with the language as interpreted by Wexford Health Administration.
- Member of the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Receives direction from IDOC personnel as appropriate, including but not limited to Wardens, Assistant Wardens and Health Care Unit Administrators.
- Maintains the confidentiality of offender records.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director, Health Care Unit Administrator and Regional Manager.
- Accepts constructive Criticism in stressful situations.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned. Conforms to Wexford Health Sources and facility regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required. ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Dress Code
- Schedule/time sheet/time clock
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
Job Requirements: TRAVEL :
Minimal travel required. LICENSING:
Current Illinois State Dental license CERTIFICATION:
- Current DEA certificate
- Current CPR certification
Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) degree PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one (1) year practicing dentistry.
- Skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting; must be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during procedures.
- Correctional Experience Preferred.
- Supervisory Experience preferred.