Join a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American's family of companies, National Commercial Services provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit .
Search public records and examine titles to determine legal condition of primarily commercial or industrial property title. Copy or summarize recorded documents which affect the condition of title to the property. Works independently and uses experience to examine title to real property, ranging in complexity, to determine status and establish chain of title. Builds base of experience with different types of property. Projects undertaken can range from simple parcels requiring a few hours of production time to commercial properties that may take days or even weeks to complete.
- Performs title examination and examines the chain of title for a wide range of title orders, primarily commercial/residential
- Abstracts and analyzes records, such as leases, subleases, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plot and map books. Determines ownership and legal restrictions to verify legal description of property and completeness of records that may cross county lines.
- Resolves most issues such as missing information, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation
- Prepares initial title commitment documentation based on the application of procedural guidelines
- Prepares and reviews reports for accuracy
- May provide underwriting interpretation within established guidelines
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Detail / quality orientation
- Analytical review skills
- Research skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer service orientation
- Standard MS skill set
- Proficient with company operating systems
- Knowledge of legal terms helpful
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 3+ years directly related experience
License or Certification
- State license(s) if required
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.