Becoming a Cloud Engineer AWS with Smart DCC:
Fantastic opportunity to secure a 6 months contract as a Cloud Engineer AWS to be based from Manchester, London or Nottingham with some remote working available. The Cloud Engineer role is accountable for design, execution and hands-on delivery of AWS solutions in DCC.
What you ll be doing:
To be the subject matter expert DevOps engineer within the Enterprise IT Cloud Platforms Team.
Design assurance of service provider DevOps process, SDLC pipeline and high and low level designs in support of the DCC s cloud first strategy.
Hands on deployment and support of the DCC s cloud hosted environments as required.
Delivering automation, patching, scripts and alerting configuration within Smart DCCs cloud environments.
To run and assure the use of DevOps methodologies in support of the DCC s cloud first strategy
The Cloud Engineer will help define and drive the overall enterprise cloud architecture strategy and lead the vision around public cloud PaaS/IaaS and cloud-based applications at Smart DCC.
Help ensure that Smart DCC s cloud implementations, ensuring that the technology solutions in this domain are positioned as suitable enablers for future innovation.
What we re looking for:
- Strong hands-on experience with AWS, any AWS certification is desirable (or similar level certification on MS Azure or Google public cloud platforms
- Excellent Terraform experience, any relevant certifications in this space is highly desirable
- Compute, Storage (e.g EC2, Lambda, Containers Docker, Kubernetes, EBS, S3, EFS, AWS Workspaces etc.)
- Security - AWS Security Hub, Cloudtrail, GuardDuty, AWS Inspector, VPC Flow Logs, KMS, Secrets Manager, AWS Organisations, IAM usage and Cross Account management, understanding best practices and how to secure cloud resources for a highly regulated enterprise environment.
- CloudWatch, Config, CloudTrail, SNS, SES, SQS, Log Aggregation concepts, backup
- Very good working knowledge of AWS Active Directory, AWS System Manager, Microsoft SQL database server administration, Azure Active Directory, Windows Server operating systems and Windows automation.
- Infrastructure and deployment automation tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Azure Devops Portal Pipelines.
- Linux and bash scripting experience alongside Linux server management would be advantageous
About Smart DCC
At the Data Communications Company, we believe in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives. We ve built the secure infrastructure that s supporting the mass roll-out of smart meters across the country. Our universal, secure network will be in 30 million homes and small businesses, making it the largest network in Britain. So it s a truly exciting time to join us. You ll be part of a team that s supporting the country s transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure, and sustainable energy supply for the future.
Operating independently of its parent company, Capita plc , the DCC is a Disability Confident Committed Employer. We re directed by the Department for Business and regulated by OFGEM. We collaborate with the Government and leading telco and utility industry service providers to help protect consumers and give them better energy choices. A finalist in the Top Workplace Awards in 2018, we reward professionals who thrive in an environment of change and innovation. Watch this about DCC video and if it ignites your interest, apply below.
What s in it for you?
A competitive day rate
Partial remote working available for this role
You ll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we ll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you ll do next:
Choose Apply now to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you d like to ask before applying, you can contact .
The parent company, Capita Plc , are a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions. You ll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we ll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.