Cheese Shop Leads are key players in enhancing the shopping experience. Along with guiding, developing and coaching Team Members, they execute merchandising initiatives and meet the needs of our guests.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you. You are creative with cuisine and love to help others foster their own creativity.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Develop and implement merchandising plans.
- Promote the continuous development of Team Members and identify candidates for the management development process.
- Prepare, maintain and track records for inventories and work processes.
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations.
- Direct, oversee and evaluate training for department Team Members.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with other departments in order to develop marketing plans.
- Enable unparalleled guest service by leading the team by example, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Analyze the customer satisfaction index and employee satisfaction index to identify areas needing improvement.
- Provide exemplary customer service and greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Understand and adhere to the collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintain safety as the top priority for our Team Members, guests and products.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with safety guidelines.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, guests, vendors and the community.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.