We Are Hiring:
Bonus: Bonus Potential with experience
Department: Urgent CAre
Schedule/Shift: Day Shift
Name: Mt. Juliet Urgent Care
Location: 5002 Crossing Circle, Suite 100 & 180, Mt Juliet, Tennessee 37122
Additional Job Details: FT 40 Hours per week
Title: Certified Medical Assistant
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program, Flexible Spending Account, Long and Short term Disability, Tuition Assistance after 6 months, and much more.
Saint Thomas has a culture of teamwork by encouraging diversity of talents while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team.
A Medical Assistant position has become available. Do not let this great opportunity to start your career with Saint Thomas/Ascension slip by. Apply today and join our care team caring for your local community of Nashville, and its surrounding areas. At Saint Thomas/Ascension, we are dedicated to a spiritually-centered, holistic approach that sustains, and improves, the health of individuals and communities in our region. Saint Thomas/Ascension believes in empowering its Associates to deliver quality-care while meeting the needs of the whole person; treating, body, mind, and spirit. We are seeking Associates that possess a caring and compassionate personality that aligns with our Mission and Core Values in serving our patients. If this sounds like you, and you are looking for a Medical Assistant position we encourage you to apply today. We look forward to meeting you!
What You Will Do:
Assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assist with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information on patients' charts. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date OR job transfer date required. American Heart Association OR American Red Cross accepted.
- One OR more of the following required:
- Certified Medical Assistant obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date OR job transfer date. Credentialing body must require: 1) examination to obtain credential and 2) continuing education to maintain certification; approved credentialing bodies include, but may not be limited to: AMT, NHA, NCCT, NAHP and AAMA.
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education OR experience, if applicable.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.