The Business Systems Analyst coordinates with other members of the department, IS and the Business to identify problems and needs of the organization, collect, analyze, and document business and technical requirements, information system recommendation. This individual participates in all phases of the development lifecycle in support of the development team, which is comprised of Solution Architects and Portal, Data and Integration Developers. They also act as liaison between developers and business.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for gathering business and technical requirements in collaboration with the business, documenting detailed requirements for portal, and integration tiers. Along with mapping these layers to the database, mapping extracts from the data base, participating in design discussion with the Solution Architectures and supporting the Quality Assurance analysts during the testing phase.
- Works with business to identify and specify business/systems requirements.
- Evaluates potential solutions that meet business needs.
- Formalizes expectations with business.
- Participate in analysis for all assigned initiatives, including support for strategy and research initiatives
- Lead small scoped business requests, within one or multiple departments, impacting one/more platforms
- Analyze and document business requirements and specifications incorporating SDLC, SEI/CMM, Agile and current company defined processes and methods
- Collaborate with team members to document new business requirements and specifications
- Query data and create basic reports with direction
- Monitor and update requirements for life of projects, following change control procedures
- Contribute to development of project management deliverables, including providing status
- Serves as the key point of contact between the technical/business analyst team, the developers and the quality assurance team to ensure efficient production deployments.
- Support, educate, and perform issue resolution for THP applications and systems. Coordinate with team members to ensure prompt resolution and appropriate hand-off; troubleshooting, and diagnosis of issues
- Identify critical events, follow basic procedures to diagnose, monitor and communicate resolution
- Apply critical thinking skills to identify issues and propose solutions
- Participate in scheduling, prioritization, risk management activities and change control implementation
- Support testing and implementation through test conditions development, test execution, and user acceptance testing
- Collaborate on technical issues while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction through effective communication and prompt resolutions.
- Provide quick response and utilize problem solving skills to resolve escalated requests from the business/customer regarding technical issues.
- Coordinate with team members to ensure prompt resolution and appropriate hand-off; troubleshooting, and diagnosis of issues.
- Proactively uses advanced problem solving skills to resolve issues related to system, process, or project activities and to quickly diagnose, communicate, expedite and resolve critical issues in a timely manner.
- Participates in the development and implementation of large, high impact enhancements and improvements and identification/implementation of associated performance metrics
- Advanced Degree preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in a functional business area, preferably in a healthcare insurance environment
- Experience with SDLC methodology, Agile and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Analytical experience related to business/systems analysis
- Experience with enhancing information systems applications within a dynamic IS environment.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with technical and business issues in highly technical environments.
What we build together changes our customer's health for the better. We are looking for talented and innovative people to join our team. Come join us!
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees - including remote employees - must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better health care experience to everyone in our communities. Building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
At Point32Health, we're working to reshape the world of health care by pushing past the status quo and delivering even more to the diverse communities we serve: more innovation, more access, more support, and healthier lives. And we want people like you on our side to make it even better.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Req ID: R5110