Want to make a difference with an organization whose purpose driven mission is to provide superior compassionate care?
This may be the place for you!
When you profoundly impact someone's life for the better, it's hard to call it a job. We see it as a calling! You are about to be part of something bigger. Here, you'll find a career that means something, an inspiring work environment, the opportunity to use your skills to make a real difference and a sense of accomplishment not easily replicated elsewhere. You'll be part of the Agape Care family who is improving the quality of life for those facing advanced illness by delivering a level of care that is second to none! We are a community based hospice with local staff serving the local community in South Carolina and named a four time winner of "Best Place to Work in Healthcare!"
The Billing Specialist provides services in accordance with billing requirements of related payer sources, agency policy, and accounting firm requirements. The Billing Specialist provides billing services and communicates observations and assessments to appropriate individuals. The Billing Specialist will follow uniform billing procedures and practices according to Medicare, Medicaid, 3rd party payers, and private pay in accordance with the HIM-11 guidelines.
- Facilitates invoice processing and submittal of bills either electronic or via paper.
- Prepares accurate claims for submittal to payer source.
- Submits claims either manually or electronically per payer source protocol, according to agency claim submittal calendar.
Responds to payer inquiries regarding invoices.
Completes required duties in a timely manner.
- Prepares correspondence to staff or payer sources accurately as directed in a timely manner.
Works claim until payment or write-off occurs.
Responsible for weekly reports on claim status.
- Gatekeeper for FSS or other types of inquiring information systems responses and information as applicable to area of responsibility.
- Assists supervisor with accounts review after claim submittal.
- Performs special projects as directed by the Director of Finance.
Generates electronic payer reports as needed for assigned payers.
Maintains financial and billing reports.
Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of related responsibilities.
Systematically reports to Supervisor EDI or invoice receipts.
Serves as a member of the finance team dedicated to success of departmental responsibilities.
Verifies client data into software system for billing purposes.
Verifies that there are no outstanding errors per software requirement.
Responds to client inquiries regarding invoices.
Rebills and monitors rejections.
Reviews and rebills past due accounts.
Analyzes and recommends actions for delinquent accounts.
Performs collection activities as directed and according to policy.
- Maintains organized, effective and efficient systems and communication to ensure correct billing and collection occur.
- Works with other personnel to assure problem solving with billing issues occur.
- Acts as liaison between company and payer sources for collection.
Employs accuracy of data to ensure correct billing occurs.
- Maintains tracking on RTP, FSS, denial from private insurance and other claims queries or Medicare correspondence as required if applicable.
Responsible for correspondence to fiscal intermediary as requested.
Performs job in compliance with agency policies and procedures as well as professional standards.
Provides an environment which promotes respect for patient, privacy, and property.
Demonstrates knowledge of the patient's Bill of Rights and upholds patient's rights.
Follows all infection control guidelines and standards per Agency policy.
Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and competency.
Attends meetings and assigned in-service programs.
- Attends training, education, seminars, or other means of learning as permitted by supervisor.
- Written and verbal communication is expressed clearly and in a cooperative manner.
Participates on committees and task forces as requested.
- Promotes the Agency philosophy, mission statement and administrative policies to ensure quality of care.
- Maintains patient & staff privacy and confidentiality at all times pursuant to the HIPAA Privacy Final Rule.
Provides positive, supportive communication to visitors, and other agency personnel.
Promotes Agency image by adhering to the dress code.
Reports to work as scheduled.
Meets minimum productivity requirements based on agency standard.
Abides by company policy and procedures as outlined by company policy manual.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
EDUCATION: Associate Degree preferred.
LICENSURE: Not Applicable
EXPERIENCE: 5 year's billing experience in an appropriate clinical care setting or home health environment preferred. Accounting practices or experience preferred
SKILLS: Knowledge of medical terminology. Must be able to speak, read and write English. Good communication, interpersonal, telephone and documentation skills. Excellent word processing skills. Demonstrate ability to multi-task. Must be discreet and maintain HIPAA and confidentiality in the workplace.
TRANSPORTATION: Not Applicable
HEALTH STATUS: Meets all applicable agency policies and procedures related to health screening and required testing.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
plete required work on a daily basis.
pe with work involving ill, disabled, and dying patients.
3.Sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently. Must be able to lift at least 25lbs.
4.Move equipment and supplies necessary for job functions.
5.Read in a 12 point or larger type, speak and write English in order to fulfill job functions in an understandable way.
6.See/hear or use prosthetics that enable accomplishment of job.
7.Meet the health requirements of the agency.
8.Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
9.Abide by all occupational safety and bloodborne pathogen protocol to minimize illness and/or injury.