As a Beer Steward, you understand that craft and international beers provide a broad spectrum of styles and flavors, and that inspired guests seek out alternatives to mainstream products. With so many choices, our guests appreciate the knowledge and perspective embodied in our Beer Stewards. Your passion for sales is as strong as your passion for unparalleled guest service. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Strong customer service experience required
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Completion of Beer Steward & Connoisseur Certificate program is strongly preferred
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 21 years of age
- Demonstrate strong knowledge, interest and passion for products and services associated with the role.
- Understand and adhere to all relevant local, state and federal laws/guidelines as well as company policies. Responsible for reporting any incidents in violation of these guidelines or policies.
- Attend and conduct daily team huddles as directed by Team Leader.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and
- Enable unparalleled guest service by leading the team by example, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Oversee inventory and product merchandising within the department.
- Possess expertise in "beer pairing" -matching beer with food to maximize the tastes of both.
- Possess a passion for beer, brewing, and guest service.
- Perform all functions of a Team Leader in his/her absence, when necessary and where appropriate.
- Direct Team Members by using work lists as well as understanding and performing all duties required to
include directing, overseeing and evaluating all training of new and current Team Members.
- Write department orders, monitor ordering, and supervise stocking and receiving with latest tools and
technology/automated ordering systems.
- Track and reduce out of stocks and participate in taking of physical inventories.
- Utilize all available tools to help reduce and eliminate shrink.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.