Regal Rexnord Corporation (RRX) is approximately a $5B publicly traded global manufacturer of electric motors and controls, electrical components and power transmission products serving customers around the world in the general industrial, consumer, commercial construction, food & beverage, and alternative energy end markets, among others. Regal Rexnord sells its products and solutions to OEMs, through distributors, and directly to end-users. The company has approximately 29,000 global associates with significant operations in the US, Mexico, Europe, China, and India. Regal Rexnord Corporation is the result of a merger between Regal Beloit Corporation and Rexnord's PMC business which was completed in 2021. The headquarters for Regal Rexnord is located in Beloit, WI with an executive satellite office in Rosemont, IL.
About the Application role:
The Application Engineer is responsible for performing specific engineering and analytical tasks directed toward the proper application and selection of Rexnord Products. Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products, processes, and systems. You are responsible for monitoring Conveying Equipment (CE) cases, answering technical questions and providing pricing for CE opportunities. The position Reports to the Director of Commercial Operations.
- Responsible for management of inquiries and process to respond to customers in a timely fashion for technical solutions
- Provide customer with assistance for product selection for unique, special, or technical applications.
- Review customer specifications and determine Rexnord's ability to meet the requirements.
- Prepare formal proposals covering the correct application for assigned products for inquiries requiring standard, modified, or special products to meet customer specifications and/or requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring pricing requests in and for coordinating with procurement to acquire costing for components that do not have established costs.
- Provide customers with technical support, field support, and product training at customers plant locations.
- Hands-on product identification and selection
- Participate in market research, promotion, advertising activities, trade shows, employee training, engineering literature and product modification or development.
- Interface with Rexnord global Engineering teams and with Rexnord Sellers.
- Must establish and maintain excellent relationships with internal/external customers.
- Strategic Mindset - Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Plans & Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Are you qualified?
- Bachelor's degree - Engineering preferred
- 3+ years' experience - preferably in Industrial Equipment industry
- Requires ability to read and interpret design prints as well as customer specifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and AutoCAD
- Collaborative and team player; Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed environment