ALD is uniquely positioned as an international organisation which has kept its Bristol-based family roots. We are proud to be part of the international French financial services firm, Société Générale, and to uphold the highest ethical and regulatory standards.
Through our Move 2025 strategy, we will become the global leader in our industry. That means investing in innovation and technology, sustainable solutions, state of the art digital capability and OF COURSE OUR PEOPLE!
If you come to work for ALD, you will be part of this exciting journey. Are you looking to take the next step in your career?Are you looking for an exciting challenge, with plenty of growth opportunity?
Our Head Office is Bristol based, however we offer an excellent blend of home-working opportunities and flexible hours to enable teams to collaborate in the way that works best for them.
As an organisation we are passionate about Agile and empowering our Developers so that software is designed and developed as a team. We facilitate personal development at all levels, from our apprenticeship programme through to specific time put aside for learning new technologies and working on technical improvement projects.
- Our current technology stack makes use of a microservices architecture primarily using C# .Net Core and RabbitMQ.
- On the front end we make heavy use of Angular and Typescript to provide rich customer experiences.
- Design and develop web-based applications and implementing outward facing APIs
- Ensure that the latest technologies are continually being considered and adopted
- Continually develop your own skills to help increase overall capability of the team
- Actively contribute to team discussions and decisions
- Contribute positively to peer reviews of both code and architecture
- Support and maintain existing applications developed by the Application Development Team
- Ensure that applications have appropriate automated testing in place and are tested in line with stakeholder requirements and best practice
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Desire to learn new skills and adapt to new technologies and ways of working
- Ability to deliver within given timescales and constraints
- Knowledge and understanding of software development technologies
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Good awareness of microservices architectures
What we can offer
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, in addition to bank holidays
- Volunteering days to assist in charity work/CSR Initiatives
- An excellent CSR agenda - Ecovadis certification
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave
- Occupational Health Programme
- Introduction bonuses for referring an Employee or Customer
- Access to LinkedIn Learning/time towards to your CPD
- Cycle2work Scheme
- EV charging points, bike storage, shower & changing facilities and car parking (limited)
- Progressive/collaborative culture
ALD Automotive is the leading vehicle leasing operation in Europe, managing over 1.6 million vehicles across 43 countries. Within the UK, ALD has a portfolio of over 150,000 leased and fleet managed vehicles, and is a market leader in innovation and service quality. A fully owned subsidiary of Société Générale we are global leaders in mobility solutions providing full service leasing and fleet management services, Ranked Worldwide and in Europe by number of contracts under management.
Don t meet every single requirement, but excited about the prospect of working with us as you offer most of the skills or experience we're looking for? Then please go ahead and apply, you could be just what we need! Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for an opportunity unless they exactly meet the criteria specified. At ALD Automotive we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, enjoyable and authentic workplace so if you are excited about this, or any role at ALD but your experience doesn t exactly align, we d encourage you to apply regardless! What s the worst that can happen?!